• Responsible for the financial control framework of the dealership as well as the overall performance and efficiency of the accounting department
• Coordinate, maintain and control the accounting system that reflects the financial position of the company
• Consult with the Senior Management team; participate in establishing and implementing major goals and objectives; and serve as a resource in all aspects of accounting
• Support the strategic direction of the dealership & the impact financial and operational decisions will have on the business strategy
• Work closely with store management to manage balance sheets, inventory, and expense analysis.
• Full cycle accounting including month-end and year-end close processes, journal entries, invoicing, bank reconciliations, and general ledger reconciliations.
• Monitor Department policies and procedures and recommend improvements; Ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal, regulatory and Company procedures.
• Ensure accurate internal and external recording and reporting of financial transactions
• Oversee the bookkeeping function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable & payroll
• Contribute to planning, forecasting trends, reviewing, and revising plans
• Support and oversee junior accounting employees and their work.
• 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience in a Sr. Finance or similar role; Dealership/automotive experience would be an asset
• Degree or Diploma in Accounting or a related field
• Skilled in the analysis and creation of business financial statements
• Solid analytical, technical, and mathematics abilities
• Accounting Designation CPA preferred
• Thorough knowledge of financial and accounting practices and procedures
• Knowledge and understanding of applicable federal, provincial and local regulations and laws pertaining to the automotive industry
• Strong oral and written communication skills
What We Offer
• Competitive Compensation Structure
• Group Benefit Plan after three months of employment
• Management support
• Training programs
• Great team-oriented atmosphere